- Created: Thursday, 23 February 2017 08:08
- Last Updated: Thursday, 23 February 2017 23:07
- Published: Thursday, 23 February 2017 08:08
- Written by +HeliaCanada
Music on Hold allows you to specify personal music on hold for your extension. You configure music on hold files using the Music On Hold page. To display this page, click the Music on Hold icon at the top of the page:
The Add Music button allows you to add music on hold files. When you add music on hold files, the file name appears on the Music On Hold page, along with the duration and file size. The Settings button allows you to play an introductory greeting.
If you hover over a file you can see options to play the file, download the file, edit the name, or delete the file. If multiple files are uploaded, you can rearrange them using the arrows at the left of the page.
To add music on hold files
- 1. From the Music On Hold page, click Add Music.
The Add Music page appears.
- 2. Click the Browse button.
- 3. In the Choose File to Upload dialog box, go to the
location where the file you want to import is located. Click the file,
and then click Open.
The path and file appear in the Browse field.
NOTE: The music file must be in MP3 or WAV format, and must be properly licensed.
- 4. In the Song Name field, enter a name for the song.
- 5. Click Upload.
The music file appears on the Music on Hold page.
Playing an Introductory Greeting
To play an introductory greeting before having the music on hold file play
- 1. From the Music On Hold page, click Settings.
The Music on Hold Settings page appears.
- 2. Check Play introductory greeting.
- 3. Click Save.