IVR Auto Attendant
Like most organisations, where possible, we would like to route incoming calls an Auto Attendant. You can create one or more IVR (Auto Attendant) on the system to achieve it.
When calls are routed to an IVR, the system will play a recording prompting them what options the callers can enter such as “Welcome to XX, for sales press 1, for Technical Support press 2”.
Record a Custom Prompt
You can use an extension to record custom prompts.
- Go to Settings > PBX > Voice Prompts > Custom Prompts, click Record New.
- On the configuration page, set the prompt name and select an extension to record the prompt.
- Click Save.
The selected extension will ring.
- Record your prompt on the phone. When done, press the # key or hang up.
- Refresh the Custom Prompts page, you can see the saved prompt file.
Set an IVR Prompt
When users call in the PBX IVR, the users would operate following by the IVR prompt. The PBX system has one default IVR prompt, you can change the IVR prompt to your audio file.
- Upload a custom prompt or record a custom prompt on the PBX web interface.
- Go to Settings > PBX > Call Features > IVR, edit your IVR.
- Select the Prompt to your custom prompt.
- Set the Prompt Repeat Count.
- Click Save and Apply.