- Created: Friday, 24 February 2017 17:23
- Last Updated: Friday, 24 February 2017 17:23
- Published: Friday, 24 February 2017 17:23
- Written by +HeliaCanada
- Displaying the Time Frames Page (see page 69)
- Working with Time Frames (page 71)
- Adding Time Frames (page 74)
- Editing Time Frames (seepage76)
- Deleting Time Frames (see page 77)
- Viewing Begin and End Dates (see page 77)
Using time frames, you can tell the system about the times when your office is open, closed, or celebrating a holiday.
Time frames do not go into effect until you apply a time frame to an answering rule or auto attendant greeting. When the time frames are applied, the first matching time frame becomes active.
Displaying the Time Frames Page
All time frame tasks are performed from the Time Frames page. To display this page, click the Time Frames icon on the menu bar:
The following figure shows an example of the Time Frames page.
A search field at the top-left of the page allows you to review a specific user's personal time frames by entering a user time frame, and then clicking the magnifying glass icon:
The button at the top-right side of the page refreshes the information on the page.
- Add time frame. See "Adding Time Frames" on page 74.
- Edit time frames. See "Editing Time Frames" on page 76.
- Delete time frames. See "Deleting Time Frames" on page 77.
- See begin and end dates for a time frame. See "Viewing Begin and End Dates" on page 77.
Working with Time Frames
When you create a new time frame, you assign a unique name to it and then specify one of the following times associated with the time frame:
- Always = time frame applies to all hours of every day (24/7/365).
- Days of the week and times = commonly used to define office open hours such as Monday-Friday 9am – 5pm. Each day has its own check box. Check the days to which the time frame will be applied, and then use slide bars to define the time ranges for each checked day.
- Specific dates or range = commonly used to define holidays or other special events such as New Year's or a training closure. Use pop-up calendars to select the To and From dates when the time range will apply.
When you check a check box, a blue control bar covers the times 9AM to 5PM for that day. Drag this control to change the time according to your requirements. If you need to add more ranges for a day, click the following icon to the right of the time range:
- Specific dates or ranges = allows you to specify a time range for the time frame by selecting starting and ending dates from a pop-up calendar.
The following example shows a time frame called Open Hours, which covers 9AM to 5PM hours for the days Monday through Friday.
This time frame might be used with another time frame called Holiday, which covers holiday periods. You might even create a time frame called Closed Hours (default already exists), which would be an "Always" rule, but would not always be active since it can be set for lower priority than Holiday or Open Hours.
Adding Time Frames
To add time frames:
- 1 From the Time Frames page, click the Add Time Frame button. The Add a Timeframe pop-up window appears.
- 2 Complete the fields (see Table 8‑1).
Table 8‑1. Adding/Editing Time Frame Settings
Setting Description Name Adding a time frame: Enter a name for this time frame. The name should allow you to differentiate this time frame from other time frames you configured.
Editing a time frame: read-only field that shows the name of the time frame.
When Select when the time frame will be applied. Choices are:
- Always = time frame is applied to all days and times.
- Days of the week and times = use the controls in Figure 8‑1 to check the days when the time frame applies, and then use the slider controls to select the hours for that date when the time frame applies.
- Specific dates or ranges = use the controls in Figure 8‑2 to select the dates or range to which the time frame applies.
Figure 8‑1. Configuring Days of the Week
Figure 8‑2. Configuring Specific Dates or Ranges
- 3 Click Save.
Editing Time Frames
There might be times when you need to edit time frames. For example, you might want to change when they occur.
- 1 From the Time Frames page, either:
- - Click a name OR
…click this icon Click a name or… icon
Either step displays the Edit pop-up window. For example:
- 2 Complete the fields (see Table 8‑1 on page 74).
- 3 Click Save.
Deleting Time Frames
If you no longer need a time frame, you can delete it from the system.
- 1 From the Time Frames page, hover over the time frame, and then click the icon at the far right of the row. A confirmation prompt appears.
- 2 Click Yes to delete the time frame or No to retain it.
Viewing Begin and End Dates
To view the begin and end dates for a time frame:
Hover over a description… …to see the begin and end dates