- Created: Friday, 24 February 2017 17:21
- Last Updated: Friday, 24 February 2017 17:21
- Published: Friday, 24 February 2017 17:21
- Written by +HeliaCanada
- Displaying the Conferences Page (page 36)
- Adding Conferences (page 37)
- Editing Conferences (page 39)
- Deleting Conferences (page 40)
- Joining a Conference (page 41)
- Viewing Conference Statistics (page 41)
Your Business Phone system includes a conference bridge that allows people inside and outside your company to participate in a conference call.
Displaying the Conferences Page
All conference tasks are performed from the Conferences page. To display this page, click the Conference icon on the menu bar:
The following figure shows an example of the Conferences page. The button at the top-right side of the page refreshes the information on the page.
- Add conferences. See "Adding Conferences" on page 37.
- Edit conferences. See "Editing Conferences" on page 39.
- Delete conferences. See "Deleting Conferences" on page 40.
- Join a conference. See "Joining a Conference" on page 41.
- View conference statistics. See "Viewing Conference Statistics" on page 41.
The following procedure describes how to add conferences. When adding a conference, we recommend you require a leader to start the conference; otherwise, anyone with your participant code can use your bridge.
- 1 From the Conferences page, click the Add Conference button. The Add a Conference pop-up window appears.
- 2 Complete the fields (see Table 5‑1).
- 3 Click Add Conference.
Table 5‑1. Adding/Editing a Conference
Setting Description Name Enter a name for this bridge. The name should allow you to differentiate this bridge from other bridges you configured. Type Select the conference type. Choices are:
- Dedicated conference bridge = a shared bridge on its own dedicated extension.
- Owned conference bridge = a bridge associated to a user on the system (for example, the bridge for user 111).
Extension Adding a conference: select the extension used to join this conference.
Editing a conference: read-only field that shows the extension.
Direct Phone Number Select the phone number used to join the conference.
Owned bridges also have a direct dial field, which is the number internal users can dial to access the bridge.
Leader PIN Enter the personal identification number (PIN) that the leader will use to authenticate access when joining the meeting. This PIN is private and should be known by internal staff only. Participant PIN Enter the PIN that participants will use to authenticate access when joining the meeting. Distribute this PIN to all guests of the meeting. Minimum participants to start Select the minimum number of participants that must attend the conference before it can start. Options
Click this icon
- Require a Leader to start = when checked, the system requires a leader to start the conference. If unchecked, the conference call will start when the first participant joins, regardless of whether a leader is present.
- Prompt all participants for their name = when checked, the system prompts users for their name when they call in to the conference call.
- Announce participant arrivals/departures = when checked, the system either beeps or announces when a participant joins or leaves the conference.