Conference calls increase employee efficiency and productivity, and provide a more cost-effective way to hold meetings.
Conference members can dial * to access to the settings options and the admin can kick the last user out and lock the conference room.
Add a Conference
To make a conference call, you should add a conference on the PBX first.
- Go to Settings > PBX > Call Features > Conference, click Add.
- On the configuration page, configure the Conference.
- Number: The extension users need to dial this number to join the conference.
- Name: Set a name for the conference.
- Participant Password: Optional. If the password is set, users need to input the correct PIN to join this conference.
- Wait for Moderator: If this option is checked, the conference participants could not hear each other until the moderator joins in the conference.
- Sound Prompt: Select the sound prompt used for the login and logout of conference members.
- Allow Participant to Invite: Whether to allow the participants to invite users to join the conference.
- Moderator Password: The moderator doesn't need to enter a password to join the conference. If a user enter this password to join the conference, he/she will act as the conference moderator.
- Enable Conference Menu: If this option is checked, users can press * to enter Conference Voice Menu to manage the conference during a conference call.
- Member Moderators: Select the conference moderators.
- Click Save and Apply.
Join a Conference
Both the PBX extension users and the external users can join the conference.
- For the PBX extension users, dial the conference number to join the conference room.
- For the external users, you need to set the inbound route destination to a conference first, then the external users call to the PBX, their calls will be routed to the conference.
Click Conference List tab, you can view the created conference, in-conference members, and start time of each conference. You can also go to the specific conference page to monitor and manage conference.
Go to the specific conference page
- Go to PBX web interface, and go to Conference Panel.
- Click Conference List tab.
- Select a conference, and click to go to the specific conference page.